Why to use Yogurt to Remove Dandruff?
- The main cause of dandruff is fungal infection on the scalp. Yogurt contains probiotics, which help to treat any fungal infection including dandruff effectively.
- The anti inflammatory properties of yogurt make it very soothing for our scalp. It helps to calm down the irritation and inflammation of the scalp caused by dandruff. Also it reduces the itchiness of the scalp due to dandruff.
- Yogurt is known for its amazing moisturizing properties. It helps to heal the dryness of the scalp and prevents dandruff to a great extent.
- Yogurt offers great exfoliation for our scalp. When it comes to dandruff treatment, it is very important to exfoliate the scalp and remove the dandruff flakes along with excess sebum and other impurities. The lactic acid in yogurt provides exfoliation and deeply cleanses the scalp. This way, it removes the dandruff flakes and keeps the scalp clean.
- The anti oxidant properties of yogurt also help to protect the hair and scalp from free radical damages.
- In addition, yogurt comes loaded with various vitamins, minerals and proteins. They provide superior nourishment for our scalp and help to avoid a number of scalp conditions including dandruff.
Different Ways to Use Yogurt to Remove Dandruff
1. Simple Yogurt Hair Mask
How to use?
Take a cup of unflavored, fresh yogurt and use it as a hair mask. Apply it all over the scalp and hair and massage the scalp gently for few minutes. Wear a shower cap to cover your hair and wait for an hour. Use a mild shampoo to wash off. Repeat this simple remedy with yogurt to remove dandruff once or twice in a week.
2. Honey, Lemon Juice and Yogurt to Remove Dandruff
How to use?
In a bowl, take 4 tbsp of plain, fresh yogurt. To this, add a tsp honey and 2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice. Mix together and apply this hair pack all over the scalp and hair. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and after that, wash off with a mild shampoo. Reapply this remedy with yogurt to remove dandruff once or twice per week.
Are you one of those who go through dandruff problem every winter because of washing your hair with hot water? Winter season being just around the corner invites a lot of problems, one being the problem of dandruff! Hot water makes the scalp dry and flaky, as a result of which dandruff is caused! Here are a few home remedies for dandruff:
1.Solution to all problems – Neem
The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of neem have raised its medicinal value and made it an amazing cure for a lot of problems, one of which is dandruff! Just boil some neem leaves in a cup of water and strain. Allow it to cool and rinse your hair with this water thrice a week and notice the difference yourself!
3.Rub it up with Baking Soda
Being a mellow exfoliant, baking soda expels dead skin cells from the scalp. Also adjusting the pH level of your scalp, it controls the development of fungi that causes dandruff! Just rub this magic ingredient in your hair or mix it with some lemon juice and massage your scalp to get the best results!
4.Some oils can help
Generally, using excess oil is a major reason for dandruff, but some oils can actually prove to be a bliss in this situation! Tea tree oil is used medicinally since ever and it would be an understatement saying that it helps. Just mix
5.Use some vinegar
The idea of rinsing your hair with vinegar might sound absurd but it actually does wonders! Just scrub your hair with vinegar mixed with some warm water and witness the magic. Vinegar will dispose of the undesirable skin that would piece off intodandruff, curing itchiness and will act as a fungicide for the fungus that causes dandruff!
6.Try some curd
As weird as it may sound, sour curd can also be used as one of the home remedies for dandruff and that too. The acidic nature of the curd battles dandruff, as well as conditions the hair to give them a sparkling, smooth look. All you